Saturday, August 27, 2011

Blood Hunt cover step by step


I've recently had the opportunity to work with the wonderful Christopher Buecheler on a cover for his second installment of The II AM trilogy, The Blood Hunt.






I was going to post up a step by step on how the cover came to be, but Christopher beat me to it! He did such a wonderful job describing the process, plus him being a great writer, makes it a enjoyable read ( better than any crappy sentences I come up with! :D )

So here it is:


and if you like vampire fiction check out his books!




4 comments:

robin_chyo said...

love the lighting and the pose of the girl behind the girl! superb job, karla!

Chris said...

I love seeing my characters come to life under an illustrator's brush (or stylus, anyway :) ... it's seriously been one of my favorite things about putting out these novels.

Thanks for the beautiful work, Karla!

Tyler Stott said...

amazing figure drawings, and great illus.

Eric Braddock said...

Beautiful, Karla! I love that purple light you chose, reeeeally nice.