Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Master copy and art dumpage.

Been extra busy lately.

The item of today are master copies. I can't stress them enough! I have learned so much from them, and it's fascinating to see how the masters portrayed what they saw. Emulating their brush strokes and aesthetic choices really opened my eyes to different ways of approaching a subject, what to emphasize on, and what to skimp on.

The following is a very tiny oils on a Van Dyck painting.


The original



The copy

Don't be fooled, the original's colors are way more vibrant than that!


Sweet fun! Anyway here's some extra stuff, unfinished illustrations,sketches, life drawings,portrait paintings and concepts.









6 comments:

Daniel said...

Great stuff madame ! Come on ! Fill it up !

Chris Bonura said...

whooa where blogging! That master study is sweet.

Tom Scholes said...

Karla is like my new hero now that she has a blog. Ok she was my old hero too <3

Shreya said...

Beautiful works! I'm so glad I found your blog. Moar please!

Jordan Lamarre-Wan said...

nice stuff!

Unknown said...

mmh that van dyck painting hangs here in The Museum of Fine Arts here in Antwerp. Sooo good when you see it in real, it actually gives light.